It’s no bad thing to pause as you’re doing the tai chi form or Five Golden Coins, in order to work through exactly what you’re doing right, and wrong, about a particular posture. Any time that you stumble or lose your balance, that’s a good time to double check.
- Are my feet in the right place?
- How’s my tailbone? Tucked under, or sticking out?
- Chest open? or closed?
- Are the flank muscles engaged?
- What’s the breath doing here?
- Is my arm in the right place?
- What about my hand?
- What about my head?
- What about my eyes?