This looked like it was going to be a great session. But it was definitely geared toward those who teach with PCs rather than Macs, people who’d never podcasted before. I’m a Mac user with an existing podcast, so I gave up my seat to someone else.
A couple of quick ideas that I left with, though:
- Have a clear idea who your audience is or will be. The audience may grow, but have an initial audience in mind.
- Use a script.
- Keep a record of what you’ve covered in each episode, and have an overall plan for your episodes. Know when the series will stop, when it will be over.
- Include multiple voices. One single voice of authority doesn’t always work.
- Keep track of the jingles, sound effects, images, and links you’ve included. Try to to repeat anything too frequently.
- Plan, Produce, Publish, Promote
- Involve kids as voice actors, script writers, researchers for a series.