Today I took a break from one project to return to an old one. Well, not so old. I worked on it earlier this week. Today I made the backing fabric, first of all. I also attached the border strips, in the same dark purple that’s in the star. The backing is a pattern of stars and planets.
I had hoped to lay out this quilt in my office/studio, a converted three-season porch. There wasn’t enough space. I moved to the space just inside the house. Still not enough space. I’m going to have to move the dining room around to make space for this project, just to smooth and pin everything in place for the quilting. And once that’s done, I’m going to have to adjust the height of the sewing table to manage the huge amounts of extra fabric in this quilt.