Here are the cookies from the other night. Don’t they look delicious?
Here’s the recipe:
Sugar Roll Cookies
Made experimental sugar roll cookies tonight for the dormitory. I forgot to add vanilla, but they were fine without it. A brief description of the recipe:
1. cream 2 sticks of butter.
2. add 1 cup white sugar.
3. mix in one egg and one teaspoon vanilla extract.
4. In separate bowl, mix 3 cups bread flour, 1 teaspoon baking powder, 2 teaspoons grated ginger.
5. Add mixture to creamed butter, sugar & egg; add 1-2 tablespoons of milk. Knead together.
6. Wrap mixture in plastic wrap and let sit in the fridge for 2 hours.
7. Preheat oven to 400° F.
8. Unwrap mixture, and roll out with rolling pin.
9. Use cookie cutters to cut cookies out.
10. Transfer to greased cookie sheets with spatula.
11. Bake 7-10 minutes, until core sets and edges brown.
The glaze — lemon-almond — did not set properly and did not form luscious coats of delicious flavor over each cookie. I do not include the recipe for it since I can’t figure out what went wrong; not measuring ingredients, and using powdered milk instead of real, may have had something to do with it. There were, surprisingly enough, still cookies left at the end of the night, though.