Here’s another recipe: Salted Roasted Pecans.
The recipe is over on Flickr, but the essential process is this:
1) using a cookie sheet with a raised edge, drizzle about 2 tablespoons of olive oil onto the sheet.
2) add about a tablespoon of butter, roughly divided into 8 pats to distribute around the cookie sheet.
3) spread a pound of unroasted pecans or other nuts — it works great with walnuts and cashews — on top of the olive oil and butter.
4) Add salt. I use coarse sea salt, but YMMV.
5) Bake in the oven for about 5 minutes at 300 degrees F.
6) Open the oven after five minutes and stir the pecans around on the cookie sheet, to coat them in the melted butter, olive oil and salt.
7) Cook another five minutes.
8) After they have a chance to cool, pack them away in small containers… because otherwise you’ll eat a pound of them in one sitting.