1) Visited Grandma yesterday. She looks terrible, she’s in the hospital, she probably won’t live out the month… but she might surprise us, bounce back, and be ok for another six years.
2) Read my new piece, Traffic Stop, in Uxbridge at SPEAK… last night. It was well-received. I’m sorry it’s not Secret Kings of the Earth, but maybe Traffic Stop will wind up being part of Secret Kings eventually.
3) Going to Florida to see my parents on Saturday. I was hoping to get a ride to the airport, but it’s in hartford, and it means a dreadful long drive to get picked up on Wednesday, not to mention a dreadful long drive out there on Saturday. Not the best option for anyone. Hello, long-term parking.
4) Tonight is the youth slam. I haven’t made up my mind about going. I probably will, because it’s poetry and I don’t get out much except when I’m on vacation. If I go, I plan on showing up at 4:00 at Java Hut, doing something about dinner about 5pm, and then going to the W.A.G. in time to get on the open mic list. If there is an open mic. There’s a lot of other stuff on the agenda for tonight, so I might not get a place. Let me know if you’d like to meet for dinner.
5) Hoping to have lunch with if she’s up for it. Maybe @ the VBC?
6) Weight is 260. OK, I still have to lose 11 pounds that I put back on this winter before I’m ‘losing’ weight again, but I’m pleased to be down to 260 again.
7) Need to drop off a copy of The Southern Harmony with today, if I can. I think she’s around.
8) Got to go see Grandma again tomorrow.
9) Missing after a sweet most-of-a-weekend together.
10) Writing for White Wolf is going well. I’m writing 25k for them, not 30k, which means I’m more than half-done as of this morning. I hope to hit 18k words for them today; right now I have 14k words. I may wind up only writing 20k words for them; my editor is going to see about finding someone to write up the stats for some of my NPCs to fill the remaining 5k of text, more or less. This would be good.
11) Most of ‘s music collection is now on my iPod and in my iBook. I almost asked Gary to firewire his computer to mine, to get his music and give him mine. But I’m trying not to be too greedy. I have 2,535 songs, which amounts to seven and a half days of music. I hardly ever listen to any of it, unfortunately.