I’m pleased to report that Festae, a book of poetry with hymns to deities from the Greco-Roman pagan calendar, is now available on Amazon.com.
Festae includes four odes called the “Seasonal Greetings”, dedicated to Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter. It also contains forty-three additional odes in a traditional three-stanza form, dedicated to:
- Poseidon, god of the wild sea
- Neptune and Salacia in their roles as providers of salt for food preservation
- Hecate as a goddess of magic and artistry
- Hephaestus and the Nymphs, the teachers of technology and craft
- Pallas Athena
- Artemis of the Moon, and of Music
- The Nine Muses
- Vesta three festivals of June
- All the Heras
- The year-end celebrations of the Roman sacred year in February
- and numerous others…
This collection joins four other of my poetry on Amazon, including The Sun’s Paces: hymns for the Decans of the Zodiac, and the Poems for the Behenian Stars, and Hymns for the Mansions of the Moon. You can also find The Tai Chi Poem. In all, these five collections now present one very long poem about tai chi, and nearly 130 other poems on subjects related to astronomy, ancient history, the better angels of our nature, and our relationship to the sky and each other.
It’s been my great pleasure to write and share these poems with you, and I hope you enjoy them. These materials are also listed on my publications page.